Tax advice in Spain can be roughly divided into three major groups:
- Tax advice related to private income;
- Tax advice related to business establishment and administration;
- Tax advice related to mobile and immobile property ownership.
The first group includes:
- personal income tax (el Impuesto sobre la Renta de las Personas Físicas (IRPF))
- non-resident income tax (Impuesto sobre la Renta de No Residentes (IRNR))
- inheritance and gift tax (el Impuesto sobre Sucesiones y Donaciones)
The second group includes:
- corporate tax (el Impuesto sobre Sociedades (IS))
- business activity tax (Impuesto de actividades económicas (IAE))
- value added tax (el Impuesto sobre el Valor Añadido (IVA))
- customs fees and duties (Renta de Aduanas)
The third group includes:
- property tax (el Impuesto sobre el Patrimonio)
- immobile property tax (Impuesto sobre bienes inmuebles (IBI))
- tax on vehicles (Impuesto sobre vehículos de tracción mecánica)
- tax on land value increments (Impuesto sobre el incremento del valor de los terrenos (plusvalía))
- transfer tax and documented juridical acts (el Impuesto sobre Transmisiones Patrimoniales y Actos Jurídicos Documentados (ITPAJD))
From the moment you enter into any relationship with the Spanish government (whether this means obtaining a residence permit, purchasing a property, entering inheritance rights, or starting a business, etc.), it is of utmost importance to obtain a high standard of tax consultation for tax advice in Spain. We recommend that you seriously consider the issue of tax planning in order to avoid potential setbacks in the future, including additional tax charges, penalties, and sanctions (up to the arrest of your accounts).
One can obtain tax advice in Spain in different ways: by consulting with taxation specialists and real estate agents or by consulting tax department specialists at the mayor’s office or at the Agencia Tributaria.
INEEDSpain service center provides consultations in the fields of tax planning and tax control. Within the shortest possible period, our specialists will prepare a written or oral consultation related to any tax in effect on Spanish territory. To submit an application, please contact us by the phone numbers provided or by e-mail.