- The unique features of the EU business school of Barcelona
- European University of Barcelona in numbers
- Accreditation and Ranking of the European University of Barcelona
- Academic programs offered by the European University of Barcelona
- Business Foundation Program
- Bachelor’s programs at the European University of Barcelona
- MBA Programs at the European University of Barcelona
- ISS - International Summer School
Founded in 1973, European University can be justifiably proud of its high status in the international arena. The highest educational standards have been confirmed by its qualified teaching team, sound infrastructure, and high employment statistics for the EU graduates.
European University of Barcelona is a member of the international European University network that increases students’ mobility and facilitates the exchange experience. Apart from Spain, the campuses of EU university are located in Switzerland (Geneva and Montreux) and Germany (Munich). Due to the singular educational system, the students have the opportunity to study in a different country each semester if they choose.
The teaching in this EU business school of Barcelona is carried out only in English in the international environment (students and teachers represent 100 different countries around the world). This strategy promotes the rapid adaptation and integration of the graduates into the international business environment. Nowadays, in the epoch of globalization, these skills and qualities are extremely important.
The international students of the EU study in small groups, with an emphasis on close communication with the teachers. The personal approach applied to every student is an indispensible element of the academic process. The ratio is 9 students to 1 teacher.
Due to its collaboration with the universities of various countries around the world, European University of Barcelona provides students with ample opportunities to engage in exchanges. The success of the EU graduates on the jobs market can be explained by the fact that their theoretical knowledge is complemented with practical skills. All teachers at the university are practicing specialists in their own fields who share insight into their job experiences with their students.
During the studying process in the EU of Barcelona, much attention is paid to the development of the students’ leadership qualities.
European University of Barcelona is famous for the extremely high employment rates of its graduates. The special department for career and business development works individually with each student and assists in developing a strong resume and preparation for job interviews. Due to the involvement of this office, the majority of the graduates of the EU of Barcelona succeed in finding a job or an internship within 6 months of their graduation date.
- 40 years’ experience in the field of education
- over 25,000 graduates all over the world
- wide selection of Business Foundation studying programs, Bachelor’s (ВВА), Master’s (МВА) in 10 different business spheres, as well as the Doctoral program (DBA), and an opportunity to receive double diplomas.
- Barcelona has been named the best European city for studying the МВА and the first city in Europe for the quality of life (according to Cushman & Wakefield)
The main objectives of the EU business school:
- To prepare the students for successful careers in the world of global business;
- To remain the leader in the world of international business schools;
- To serve the intellectual platform in the world of the business community;
- To maintain the balance between traditional and innovative methods in the educational programs;
- To follow the world-recognized ethics standards of business management;
- To create conditions that facilitate the development of a multinational and multilingual environment.
European University of Barcelona has triple international accreditation:
- ACBSP is the Business Schools and Programs Accreditation Committee, the specialized association that works with the issues of education accreditation in the field of business and grants awards for the quality of the academic programs, graduates’ excellency rates, and for active involvement in research and innovations. All four campuses have this method of accreditation, which speaks for the prestige of this educational institution.
- IQA accreditation of CEEMAN, the Central and Eastern Europe Management Development Association, that unites more than 180 participants from 43 countries around the world. The International Quality Accreditation was specially designed to meet the requirements of the business schools and other institutes of managerial development at work in the constantly- changing conditions of Central and Eastern Europe.
- IACBE is an international assembly of the business schools; this accreditation is officially recognized by the Council of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA, USA).
European University of Barcelona (European University Business School 260) is one of the best business schools in the international rankings:
- EU is included on the list of the 35 best business schools, according to the “QS Top MBA Global 200 Business Schools Report” (2013-14).
- EU is included on the list of the 20 best business schools in the world, according to China Economic Review magazine (2010).
- EU is among the top European МВА programs, according to CEO Magazine’s International Graduate Forum (2013).
- EU is included in the second echelon of the Global EMBA programs, according to CEO Magazine’s International Graduate Forum (2013).
- EU holds position #8 in the ranking of the best 200 business schools for women, according to QS (2013).
- EU holds position #6 in the list of the best business schools for women, according to Capital. QS Top MBA included EU on the list of the top 40 business schools around the world.
The EU business school with a campus in Barcelona offers Bachelor’s and Master’s programs, as well as the unique preparatory program, Business Foundation Program (preliminary year). All academic programs at the European University business school 260 are designed in accordance with the standards of the Bologna process and the standards of higher education in Europe.
The business Foundation Program (BF) is designed for two semesters and serves as a so-called bridge between high school graduates and the first stage of university education in the field of business – the Bachelor’s program. It is a universal preparation program for entering the BBA/BA/BS programs all over the world. During the period of preparation, the students have a chance to improve their academic and communication skills in the field of business and to increase their level of proficiency in business English. Also, the students study the basics of management and marketing concepts.
Upon successful completion of the BF program in the EU business school, the students are automatically enrolled in the first year of any Bachelor’s program of the European University of Barcelona.
Tuition fees in the EU of Barcelona in this program:
- 5,750 € per 1 semester (Spain and Germany); the full cost of the program – 11,500 €
- 13,400 CHF per 1 semester (Switzerland); the full cost of the program – 26,800 CHF
How can one gain admission? It is necessary to submit the following documents:
- A certified copy of the high school graduation certificate with transcript of the grades earned
- English Proficiency Certificate: minimum 60/173 TOEFL, 5.0 IELTS, or the in-house EU exam
- Motivation letter
- Recommendation letter
All programs of the first cycle of education in the European University of Barcelona, the Bachelor’s program, are designed to last for 6 semesters (3 years). The university enables the students to complete the program in 2 years under certain studying conditions, including 2 intensive semesters taken during the summers. 34% of the Bachelor’s students choose this option.
The majors available are as follows:
- BBA – Business Administration
- Public Relations
- Tourism management
- International Relations
- Sports Management
- Business and Finances
- Multimedia Technologies Management
- Cooperative Social Responsibility in Business
- Design management
- Family Business Administration
- EBBA - Executive BBA
- Dual Degree, Nichols College
- Dual Degree, Shinawatra
The language of all programs is English.
Tuition fees at the European university of Barcelona:
- 5,750 € per 1 semester (Spain and Germany); 11,500 € per academic year
- 13,400 CHF per 1 semester (Switzerland); 26,800 CHF per academic year
Requirements for new students:
- A certified copy of the high school graduation certificate with transcript of the grades earned English Proficiency Certificate: minimum 80/213 TOEFL, 6.0 IELTS, or the in-house exam of the EU
- Two recommendation letters
EU business school offers unique programs in the second higher education cycle, the Master’s program. The university’s priority is taking an individual approach to each student. European University of Barcelona 880 offers a wide range of majors, both in traditional and innovative programs that take into account the newest tendencies in world business development. The duration of the programs is 1 year for full-time programs (3 trimesters for 10 weeks each), or 2 years for part-time programs.
- International Business
- Public Relations
- International Marketing
- World Banking and Finances
- Tourism Management
- Sports Management
- Personnel Management
- Design Management
- Family Business Management
- Corporative Social Responsibility in Business
- Reputational Management
- Executive MBA
- Online MBA
More and more people all over the world prefer this type of education.
Tuition fees at the European University of Barcelona for the MBA program:
- 6,300 € per 1 trimester (Spain and Germany); the complete cost of the program: 18,900 €;
- 12,200 CHF per 1 trimester (Switzerland); the complete cost of the program: 36,600 CHF
Requirements for new students:
- Certified copy of the diploma confirming graduation from the university (BA degree) with transcript of the grades earned
- English Proficiency Certificate: minimum 80/213 TOEFL, 6.0 IELTS, or the in-house EU exam
- Two Recommendation Letters
EU business school of Barcelona also offers programs through its International Summer School. It is possible to spend summer vacations in an entertaining as well as industrious way by studying the business basics, improving one’s level of English, and even participating in various entertaining events! The programs of EU university are designed for different levels of students’ preparation and provide an outstanding opportunity to obtain valuable knowledge from the best professionals to assist in future studies and work. Also, the students get a chance, not only to get to know gorgeous Barcelona and fall in love with this magic city, but also to immerse themselves in a multinational environment and to establish new contacts with many interesting people. All these factors definitely will help to construct the foundation for one’s future career.
We hope to speak with you about your sincere interest in studying in Spain. The specialists of the service center, «INEEDSpain», can help you choose your programs, prepare all necessary documents in order to study at the university, and apply for the student visa. Contact us on the phone numbers indicated on the website!