Before you begin studying Spanish in Spain, you might be surprised to discover that Spanish is the second most-spoken language in the world by number of speakers, after Cantonese. The research demonstrates that the number of Spanish speakers has grown immensely, even when compared to the number of English speakers! According to the collected data, there are 439 million people in the world who speak Spanish. Additionally, more than 18 million people study the Spanish language.
Learn Spanish in Spain - FAQ
If you have decided to learn Spanish in Spain, you may have visited topic forums and various websites in search of useful information about the language schools in Spain, but the number of questions you have is constantly growing:
- Which region of Spain should I choose?
- What are the differences between these language schools?
- How can I apply for a short-term/long-term visa to study in a language school in Spain, what documents are needed, and how long might this process take?
Let's start from the very beginning:
- The best language schools along the Mediterranean coast of continental Spain are concentrated in Barcelona, Valencia, Alicante, Málaga, Marbella, and Cádiz. If you are eager to learn Spanish in a more remote area, you might consider such dynamic and scenic cities as Granada, Sevilla, Madrid, and Salamanca.
- Now, our task is to define the quality criteria of the language schools in Spain. Multinational corporations are not the only institutions that can boast supreme quality in terms of teaching methodologies since many private schools created by enthusiastic teachers also offer high-quality education.
- One can study the Spanish language in the language centers that exist in state universities and in the best business schools of Spain. As a rule, the quality of language study services in these educational institutions is quite high.
When selecting a school at which to study Spanish in Spain, we highly recommend paying attention to the following “must-have” features of a school:
- Accreditation by the Cervantes University;
- FEDELE accreditation, issued by the Spanish Federation of Schools of Spanish as a Foreign Language;
- CEELE certificate that testifies to the quality of teaching Spanish as a foreign language, issued by the University of Alcalá;
- AMELE certificate, issued by the Mediterranean Association of Schools of the Spanish Language in the Province of Valencia.
Once you have chosen the language school in Spain where you would like to study Spanish, you should concentrate on applying for the student visa.
Despite the fact that the procedure of application for the student visa might seem quite easy at the very beginning, it is recommended that you address a company that specializes in preparation of the documents, such as our service center at «INEEDSpain», which will save you time and will free you from the exhausting paperwork related to the process.
The ways you can study Spanish in Spain
One can study Spanish by choosing among the following options:
- Year-long programs for studying Spanish; Spanish language study in Spain undertaking one of the intensive courses (from one week and up), either during vacation or during school holidays
- Specialized language courses: Spanish for business, Spanish for lawyers, Spanish and the culture of Spain, etc.
- Summer language and sports camps
- Studying of Spanish in Spain as a part of the preparation process for entering the Spanish universities
Schools accredited by the Cervantes Institute are considered to be the most prestigious for studying Spanish. Apart from the branches of the institute itself, there are many language courses in Spain that have received accreditation from the Institute of Cervantes. Such accreditation confirms that the curriculum, as well as the quality of the education at a certain school, correspond to the standards of the Institute of Cervantes.
During summer holidays, it is possible to study Spanish in Spain in one of the numerous language and sports camps. Some of the most noteworthy camps are found in the following locations: Summer Camp (Barcelona, Marbella), Galileo Camp (Valencia), Calasanz Camp (Salamanca). See also the camps affiliated with Spanish football clubs: Real Madrid (Campus Experience de la Fundación Real Madrid), Barcelona (Campus FCBarcelona), Valencia (Campus de Fútbol Fundació Valencia CF).
For help with regard to the Spanish study programs in Barcelona, as well as assistance in visa application and document preparation, call us on the phone numbers indicated on the website. We will gladly help you choose the right school to study Spanish in Spain!